Saturday, March 22, 2014

Fiery Soul, Lazy Hands.

Seems like people like to write these days (I blame Harry Potter), but that doesn't mean that we could write with success.

Each of us has a great story to tell. An individual who doesn't have a story they would like to spread is either an idiot or a boring guy. There is after all many conduit to unleash our stories in the world, be it painting, films, dance, hell even trolling is a medium of telling a story. Now all these are great but let us take a step back and revisit the age old and traditional medium of story telling, writing.

Now what I try to spread around the world is that it's bullshit to have a writer's blog (get it? guess not lame joke anyway). I mean come on, the only one who can stop you from writing is yourself. You want to be lazy, blame the writer's block, you want to get on with the story but could not? blame the block, it goes in a downward spiral until you have just give writing all together. Now I'm new to blogging but I have written a couple of poems in my college years and they all say it was good, but I think they just want to flatter me. In a sense you write what you want and you do it with flare, as I wrote before the only one to prevent you from sharing whatever kind of story you have is yourself.

Sure we run out of ideas ( Like me right about now) but it should not stop you from creating the next best seller or composing the next platinum album. In fact, if you think you should stop writing because you lack the creative juice to make one, you should force yourself to finish it. It may seem weird but it is by far my best solution to solve these kind of problems. Here are some of my activities when I exhaust myself writing.

1. Write bullshit story without any connection to the original one - It makes for good plot for a potential second story and it lets you escape the current world you are in.

2. Eat, sleep, play - This one may seem weird but it helps break the monologue you are having in your head when writing a story. That being said, I almost always write shit up with a bag of potato chips, a root beer, and my phone readily available when I become bored. Really some of the video games may even give you the inspiration you need for a great story.

3. Persevere - When in doubt write, write and write. This is likely to be connected to the first one but without creating another universe altogether. You write shit up along trying to move forward with your story.

4. Ask for advice - Ask for advice means not asking them to write your story. I mean it's your story and your story alone and you should refrain from asking other people too much, but we do need help sometimes.

5. Go outside and enjoy nature - Let's face it, writer's tend to brood inside their house trying to make the next best thing that they forget the beauty of nature. Going outside your house will definitely help your brain work out some of the traits your characters need, the events your story lack, or the place to make it memorable.

Of course there are some other things you can do to make the writing process bearable, but no matter what we do if your mind is dead set on completing it, you will complete it either way. Like I said before so many times, the only thing stopping you from creating an epic story is yourself. I hope this article helped you but if not, I hope it helped you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment